Bridal showers and Baby showers are the perfect occasion to plan a tea party! Our teacups + saucers, teapots, platters and three tier stands bring joy to the table! Whether you have 5 guests or… More
Tea parties bring friends together. They get folks talking and most importantly, they are a cause for celebration.
Our vintage tea cups have seen bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties and weddings of all sizes. We deliver locally within most of lower Westchester, Connecticut and some of NYC.
Photos in this post by Francesca Dominque Photography
A client favorite, both bride and florist alike, are our vintage brass vessels / vases. Renting these vintage beauties is the perfect way to polish off your DIY flowers, like pictured here at The Strand NY.
Florists use our brass vases with all types of floral arrangements as well. They offer the vintage loving bride a wonderful accent piece on dinner tables or even the dessert display.
If you’re looking to rent vintage items in Westchester, NY or the surrounding areas; be sure to check out Little Vintage Rentals. Our brass vessels are just a small bit of the vintage décor we offer.
This client paired our vintage trophies with the vases for a fun mix like below!
Send us an email! We’d love to suggest some pairings of décor for your wedding or event.
Tis the season for warm beverages in our teacups! One of our favorite treats is Italian hot chocolate. It will delight chocolate lovers at your next event and looks oh so pretty served in vintage teacups! Here is a quick recipe for two.
ITALIAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Make: 2 cups of very thick, rich hot chocolate
2 cups of milk (whole milk preferred)
1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
4 tablespoons of white sugar (if using semi-sweet chocolate, reduce to 2 tablespoons)
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
Optional Toppings include whipped cream and marshmallows
- Whisk together half of the milk and all of the cornstarch.
- Bring the other half of the milk and all of the sugar to low boil on stove.
- Add in the milk and cornstarch mixture while continuing to stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and drop in chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Tip: Add additional milk to adjust thickness to taste. Recipe may call for trial and error depending on your personal sweet tooth and type of chocolate used. Have fun and top with marshmallows or whipped cream!
What do wedding planners, photographers and stylists have in common? They all want to create beautiful flat lays and style wedding details to perfection. However, without the proper tools, it’s a struggle.
As un-sexy as it might be, here is the “tool” installation of my must haves in a styling kit. Add these to your cart and they will ease worries on set or at a wedding.
- Acrylic Blocks – Whether propping paper goods or just providing height and dimension to a photo, these clear gems are a winner. I recommend having at least 5 sizes, one small enough for a postage stamp and one on the thicker side.
- Instant Tacky– A little goes a long way. Hold down stubborn envelope flaps, ribbon and just about anything to get the perfect shot!
- Electric Candle Lighter – Matches run out and are easily lost. This re-chargeable gas-less lighter is a must have at events. The flexible neck that reaches any wick is amazing!
- Shout Wipes – Clean dress= happy bride. Great for those grass stains during outdoor photos. The ‘to go’ packets are the best!
- Spray Bottle – There isn’t always an outlet or steamer at arm’s reach. On those occasions, an old fashioned spray bottle will get a stubborn wrinkle out of a dress or even table linen. Thank me later when you’re at Central Park doing a styled shoot.
- Fashion Tape – When fabric just won’t lay correctly or a dress is a tad revealing; fashion tape is the answer. A double sided tape that is skin and fabric safe, yes please! I love the dot version as well.
- Mini Lint Roller- A small lint roller can clean up a styling mat, ring box and even bit of flowers/leaves that fall from a bouquet. It’s also amazing to have since most wedding professionals I know wear black to events!
- Glass Wipes – Get streaks and dirt off mirrors, windows, styling trays and even wipe down a diamond ring when you’re in a pinch.
- Pins – This set of white and black safety pins will help keep droopy boutonnieres in place for photos. Be sure to have a set of white tip straight pins as well!
- Practice – This ‘tool’ isn’t tangible, but it will make the biggest difference. Practice with your tools before the big day and consider investing in a one-one-one curated photo shoot or joining me at a styled shoot for photographers.
Follow on Instagram for more styling tips in 2020!
Photo by Siobhan Stanton, Styled by Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Flowers supplied by Blooms by the Box, Earrings by Nina Shoes
This post contains affiliate links
Calling all local Westchester photographers and event planners! It’s time to up your game this season with seasonal props. Affordable and unique prop rentals will keep your clients coming back again and again!
Typically we only deliver, however, Little Vintage Rentals is offering a local pick up in lower Westchester and return at no cost with a $50 prop rental minimum for Westchester based photographers and Westchester Event planners. What are you waiting for? Check out the website here and send a message with your list of ‘must haves’.
New to my services: Venue Styling
Let me stage a thoughtful, small celebration at your event venue before a photographer snaps your promotional photos. Potential clients often have trouble visualizing their celebration in an empty room and photos of a beautifully curated party help solve that problem.
Venue Styling is for you if…
- There is a constant struggle to find content to post on Instagram and Facebook.
- It’s time to renew advertisements and the same photos have been used for years.
- Potential clients are not booking walk-throughs at the venue.
- You are a new venue and need innovative photos!
Venue Styling comes in all shapes and sizes. Whether you want to stage and style a small party room, a food table or even mock up a mini wedding with a bride; get in touch. I work with several preferred photographers at amazing rates as well.
photo by Mariel Hannah / flowers by Darlington / calligraphy: Fleur de Letters/ vintage rentals: Little Vintage Rentals
Ever wonder where all of the event professionals are in lower Westchester, NY? I started a Facebook group for folks to connect, network and get to know one another. If you’re an event planner, florist, calligrapher, event venue, make up artist, hair stylist or any event professional in lower Westchester, NY we want to meet you! Join now!
Planning a bridal or baby shower? The DIY Tea Party package will give you all of the decor needed for a memorable event.
Guests will enjoy an array of mismatched vintage floral china teacups and saucers, sugar bowls, creamers, your choice of 3 servers and 8 floral vessels.
Don’t have the time to set it up? Our styled tea party package could be right for you.
Check out the tea party package in more detail HERE and get in touch for availability.
Photos by Leeyen Photography, Fallon Chan + Fiona Melder
Calling all local Astoria, Queens photographers! It’s time to up your game this season for holiday minis with seasonal props. Affordable and unique prop rentals will keep your clients coming back again and again!
Typically we only deliver, however, Little Vintage Rentals is offering a local pick up and return at no cost with a $50 prop rental minimum for Astoria + Long Island City based photographers. What are you waiting for? Check out the website here and send a message with your list of ‘must haves’.
Planning a small shower or birthday party in Astoria and don’t know where to start? Let me help!
Once you’ve settled on a venue and date, I will pull together all of the pretty little details that will make your event a memorable one. Here is how it works:
1. Let’s Chat: I will asses your direction (if any) with a talk or an online questionnaire to help pull some inspiration out of you!
2. Mood: I provide a mood board for approval (like the above) to help keep focus.
3. Direction: I deliver a digital document with product and vendor recommendations for rentals and purchases for the following as needed: invitations, photography, dessert, decor, and favors. It’s like following a road map, stress-free and no research needed!
4. Set up: I will be on site to set up all of the details that were so carefully planned. You can sip champagne while your guests arrive and for once, not be running around.
Sound good? Get in touch – I would love to make your event a HUGE success!
Mini Event Design + Set up Packages start at $450.00 for small parties under 40 guests in Astoria. Prices vary according to amount of planning time prior to event and amount of day-of set up time and labor required.
All of the above components can be purchased, a la cart; get in touch if you’re interested in a customized proposal.
photography: Tulle & Grace / planning + design: Color Pop Events / florals: Allie Webber of Bowman & Clark / bicycle rental: Little Vintage Rentals / balloon + tassels: Studio Mucci / tulle skirt: Space 46 / lab: Film Box
Take the stress out of decorating for the holidays with these simple festive ideas for your home without strands of lights or even a tree! As seen on Best Friends for Frosting with amazing photography by Maria Doka Photo.
-Create a simple wreath with thin wire and a strand of corner store greenery
-Adorn all beverages with a thin slice of lemon
-Dress tables with a fine linen table cloth and linen napkins
-Use candles in canisters for less mess
-Great creative with herbs
-Leave a greeting at every place setting
-Serve hot chocolate in teacups
-Add greenery to a dish of sweet treats
-Type gift tags on a typewriter
-Dress up simple gift wrap with silk dupioni ribbon
-Display gifts on a faux fur throw or in a stocking