Finding a new use for an old favorite is a daily goal. As an owner of a vintage rental company, my specialty is dusting off buried treasures and breathing life and functionality into them. I love watching the beauty resurface like it did for these re-purposed glass door knobs as mini bud vases.
Here are my 5 easy steps to pretty little bud vases for your next vintage inspired event:
1. Scour flea markets and yard sales for some dusty old door knobs! Be sure to check for any sharp chips in the glass.
2. If you happen upon a set with the connecting rod in place, use a screwdriver to loosen the screw and the rod will drop out.
3. Be sure to tighten once you’re done to avoid loose screws scattered on the dinner table!
4. Decide whether you want to keep the patina on the metal. If so, just wipe with a warm soapy cloth. If you want them to shine, use a brass or metal cleaner and buff to a shine!
5. Find your favorite flower, cut to size, drip a small amount of water in the door knob hole and spread them across the table.
Two tips to make it look great!
- Place door knob bud vases next to votive candles and watch the pattern of the cut glass glow!
- Groups of three with coordinating flowers work great.