Tis the season for warm beverages in our teacups! One of our favorite treats is Italian hot chocolate. It will delight chocolate lovers at your next event and looks oh so pretty served in vintage teacups! Here is a quick recipe for two.
ITALIAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Make: 2 cups of very thick, rich hot chocolate
2 cups of milk (whole milk preferred)
1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
4 tablespoons of white sugar (if using semi-sweet chocolate, reduce to 2 tablespoons)
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
Optional Toppings include whipped cream and marshmallows
- Whisk together half of the milk and all of the cornstarch.
- Bring the other half of the milk and all of the sugar to low boil on stove.
- Add in the milk and cornstarch mixture while continuing to stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and drop in chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Tip: Add additional milk to adjust thickness to taste. Recipe may call for trial and error depending on your personal sweet tooth and type of chocolate used. Have fun and top with marshmallows or whipped cream!
Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos / Photography: Maria Doka / Vintage Teacups: Little Vintage Rentals / Originally published on: Best Friends for Frosting
What do wedding planners, photographers and stylists have in common? They all want to create beautiful flat lays and style wedding details to perfection. However, without the proper tools, it’s a struggle.
As un-sexy as it might be, here is the “tool” installation of my must haves in a styling kit. Add these to your cart and they will ease worries on set or at a wedding.
- Acrylic Blocks – Whether propping paper goods or just providing height and dimension to a photo, these clear gems are a winner. I recommend having at least 5 sizes, one small enough for a postage stamp and one on the thicker side.
- Instant Tacky– A little goes a long way. Hold down stubborn envelope flaps, ribbon and just about anything to get the perfect shot!
- Electric Candle Lighter – Matches run out and are easily lost. This re-chargeable gas-less lighter is a must have at events. The flexible neck that reaches any wick is amazing!
- Shout Wipes – Clean dress= happy bride. Great for those grass stains during outdoor photos. The ‘to go’ packets are the best!
- Spray Bottle – There isn’t always an outlet or steamer at arm’s reach. On those occasions, an old fashioned spray bottle will get a stubborn wrinkle out of a dress or even table linen. Thank me later when you’re at Central Park doing a styled shoot.
- Fashion Tape – When fabric just won’t lay correctly or a dress is a tad revealing; fashion tape is the answer. A double sided tape that is skin and fabric safe, yes please! I love the dot version as well.
- Mini Lint Roller- A small lint roller can clean up a styling mat, ring box and even bit of flowers/leaves that fall from a bouquet. It’s also amazing to have since most wedding professionals I know wear black to events!
- Glass Wipes – Get streaks and dirt off mirrors, windows, styling trays and even wipe down a diamond ring when you’re in a pinch.
- Pins – This set of white and black safety pins will help keep droopy boutonnieres in place for photos. Be sure to have a set of white tip straight pins as well!
- Practice – This ‘tool’ isn’t tangible, but it will make the biggest difference. Practice with your tools before the big day and consider investing in a one-one-one curated photo shoot or joining me at a styled shoot for photographers.
Follow on Instagram for more styling tips in 2020!
This post contains affiliate links
Calling all local Westchester photographers and event planners! It’s time to up your game this season with seasonal props. Affordable and unique prop rentals will keep your clients coming back again and again!
Typically we only deliver, however, Little Vintage Rentals is offering a local pick up in lower Westchester and return at no cost with a $50 prop rental minimum for Westchester based photographers and Westchester Event planners. What are you waiting for? Check out the website here and send a message with your list of ‘must haves’.
First two photos by Kate Ignatowski. Styled by me!
Let me stage a thoughtful, small celebration at your event venue before a photographer snaps your promotional photos. Potential clients often have trouble visualizing their celebration in an empty room and photos of a beautifully curated party help solve that problem.
Venue Styling is for you if…
- There is a constant struggle to find content to post on Instagram and Facebook.
- It’s time to renew advertisements and the same photos have been used for years.
- Potential clients are not booking walk-throughs at the venue.
- You are a new venue and need innovative photos!
Venue Styling comes in all shapes and sizes. Whether you want to stage and style a small party room, a food table or even mock up a mini wedding with a bride; get in touch. I work with several preferred photographers at amazing rates as well.
Ever wonder where all of the event professionals are in lower Westchester, NY? I started a Facebook group for folks to connect, network and get to know one another. If you’re an event planner, florist, calligrapher, event venue, make up artist, hair stylist or any event professional in lower Westchester, NY we want to meet you! Join now!
Planning a bridal or baby shower? The DIY Tea Party package will give you all of the decor needed for a memorable event.
Guests will enjoy an array of mismatched vintage floral china teacups and saucers, sugar bowls, creamers, your choice of 3 servers and 8 floral vessels.
Don’t have the time to set it up? Our styled tea party package could be right for you.
Check out the tea party package in more detail HERE and get in touch for availability.
Photos by Leeyen Photography, Fallon Chan + Fiona Melder
Calling all local Astoria, Queens photographers! It’s time to up your game this season for holiday minis with seasonal props. Affordable and unique prop rentals will keep your clients coming back again and again!
Typically we only deliver, however, Little Vintage Rentals is offering a local pick up and return at no cost with a $50 prop rental minimum for Astoria + Long Island City based photographers. What are you waiting for? Check out the website here and send a message with your list of ‘must haves’.
First + last photo by Kate Ignatowski. Styled by me!