It was almost a year ago that photographer Mariel Hannah + I worked together on this Central Park style shoot. I was thrilled that it popped up in Magnolia Rouge issue 10 and the blog. I hope you find some Fall Wedding inspiration in these photos!
Tag: Blooms by the Box
Botanical Bridal Session and Boudoir featured on Hochzeitsguide
The flowers I sourced from Blooms by the Box to style for this photo shoot are some of my favorite to date. Previously a handful of these photos were featured on Style Me Pretty, but I was SO excited that Hochzeitsguide picked it up as well – their aesthetic is dreamy! Amazing team below the photos.
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Wedding Dress: Tatyana Merenyuk | Cake: Sugar Flower Cake Shop | Invitations: Bella Figura | Make Up: Anny Chow | Hair: Andy Tseng | Flowers Supplied By: Blooms By The Box | Garter: Florrie Mitton | Lingerie + Robe: Zinke | Model: Alexis Katsafanas | Ribbon: Midori Ribbon | Veils: Jaclyn Jordan | Vintage Props: Little Vintage Rentals
Top 10 White Wedding Bouquets
Nothing says classic wedding like a soft white wedding bouquet. Here are our top 10 picks starting with the photo above by Kate Ignatowski where I personally handcrafted this sweet bouquet with flowers from Blooms by the Box and spectacular silk ribbon from Of The Earth.
Photographer: Brumley & Wells / Florist: Bre Black / Via: Once Wed
Photographer: Jemma Keech / Florist: Natural Art by Rebecca Grace / Via: Wedding Sparrow
Photographer: Brosnan Photographic / Florist: Ann Marie O’Leary / Via: Wedding Sparrow
Photographer: Ryan Ray / Florist: Bows and Arrows / Via: Southern Weddings
via Bash Magazine
Photographer: Landon Jacob Photography / Via Southern Weddings
Photographer: Jose Villa / Florist: Flowerwild / Via Hochzeitsguide
Photographer: Anastasiya Belik / Florist: Marina Shentyapina / Via Magnolia Rouge
Photographer: Rylee Hitchner / Florist: Joy Thigpen
Love Flowers? Check out the Top 6 Centerpiece Ideas post!
Bordeaux Bride featured on La Mariée Aux Pieds Nus
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Flowers Provided by: Blooms By The Box | Wedding Dress: Jenny Yoo | Makeup Artist: Anny Chow | Calligraphy:Fleur De Letters | Hair Styling: Andy Tseng | Veil: Sara Gabriel
Hello friends! Wishing you + yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!
At Little Vintage Rentals, we are thankful for all of our wonderful clients + friends who found us in under 2 years making this little company grow faster than we could have imagined. Who knew so many New Yorkers needed vintage table top goods + decor!Jen Trahan / Styling + Floral Design by Mandy Forlenza Sticos / Vintage Table Top Items: Little Vintage Rentals / Calligraphy: Fleur de Letters / Flowers Supplied by Blooms By The Box
5 Ways To Perfectly Style Your Next Party on Best Friends for Frosting
I am so happy to share my latest post on Best Friends for Frosting with amazing photography from Fallon Chan. This was such a cheerful post to create + style. Enjoy!
1. Larger Than Life Balloons – Whether you display one monster balloon or many, these whimsical party accessories bring an instant smile. Don’t forget to add a fresh flower collar or yards of your favorite lace and ribbon as a tassel! Stress-free planning tip: Get these beauties delivered to your doorstep by Balloon Planet; nationwide.
2. Nearly Naked Cake – A nearly naked cake offers just enough frosting for those with a sweet tooth while providing a sneak peak at the cake’s flavor. Stress-free planning tip: Hide the knife if you want to keep the cake on display for a bit!
3. Unexpected Centerpieces – Search your cabinets for old tins, glassware, trophies and teapots for an unexpected place to display flowers! You’ll be the talk of the party and perhaps instagram as all of your friends document your creativity. #partysuccess Stress-free planning tip: Order your flowers online and fresh blooms arrive ready to be cut + styled! Blooms by The Box is one of my favorite resources.
4. Old School Desserts – For the smaller grab-and-go sweets, go retro! These rice + marshmallow treats hold a nostalgic place in everyone’s heart and the white chocolate topping offers a new take on a classic. Stress-free planning tip: These treats are a great gluten free option for guests; skip the toppings to be safe.
5. Specialty Cocktails – Every good party needs its own specialty cocktail! Whether it’s a personal favorite or a pretty mixology experiment, display the ingredients to encourage guests to mix it up. Stress-free planning tip: If space is limited at your soiree, pre-mix ingredients in large pitchers and don’t forget the ice and a variety of garnish.Credits: Photography: Fallon Chan, Concept, Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Balloons: Balloon Planet, Flowers Provided By: Blooms by the Box, Cake + Dessert: There Should Always be Cake
DIY Flower Centerpiece on Best Friends for Frosting
I was so excited to see my DIY centerpiece + flower recipe captured beautifully by Fallon Chan on Best Friends for Frosting! If you missed it, here is an easy way to brighten up your next party or home with a bright + cheerful arrangement! Don’t forget, there is no wrong way to create your own masterpiece, have fun!
1 – Think outside the box when gathering potential vessels + vases. Everyday objects like glassware, tins and teacups transform into wonderful centerpieces and conversation starters!
2 – Use this cheerful flower recipe below and if you’re not sure where to purchase your blooms check out online resources like Blooms by The Box that deliver to your doorstep.
• Pink Peonies • Pink Scabiosa
• Pink Lisanthus • White Lisanthus
• White Sweetheart Roses • Pink Stock
• Silver Dollar Eucalyptus • Ming Ferns
3- Sort through the flowers and pick the most lively and sturdy. Stay away from any blooms that are losing their petals.
4 – Cut flower stems to desired length at a 45 degree angle under water or under running water. Pick up a pair of clippers or shears for best results.
5 – Remove any leaves that will sit below the water line in your vase to prevent excessive bacteria growth.
6 – Last but not least, have fun and get creative. Still need some inspiration on composition, take a look below or head to Pinterest for some of my favorite inspiration here!Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Photography: Fallon Chan, Flowers provided by: Blooms by the Box
Preview: Alexis’s Boudoir with Kate Ignatowski
Just as Spring was first creeping around the corner, Kate Ignatowski and I worked on our third boudoir session. It was botanical inspired and the flower colors were spectacular! Here are two preview photos + lots more to follow!Kate Ignatowski, Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Flowers provided by: Blooms by the Box, Lingerie: Zinke, Model: Alexis Katsafanas
A Natural Tea Party on Style Me Pretty Living
One chilly day in March I styled A Natural Tea Party, a concept that was brewing on this pinterest board for some time. Fallon Chan captured it just beautifully and my niece Angela gave the photos a bit of life as needed. I am so happy to see the shoot published on one of my favorite lifestyle blogs, Style Me Pretty Living. Grab a cup of tea and relax into this coziness! Full list of the wonderful team that made it possible below.
Photography: Fallon Chan, Concept, Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Vintage Rentals: Little Vintage Rentals, Macarons: The Macaron Cafe, Calligraphy: Fleur De Letters, Loose Teas: Wild Sage Apothecary, Flowers Provided By: Blooms By The Box, Handmade Sugar Rosettes + Bees: Whispers Of Blue, Honey: Honey Tea Thyme, Clothing: Ruche, Necklace: Confetti by Annette, Model: Angela Kostaras
Romantic Boudoir on Burnett’s Boards
Boudoir: A woman’s bedroom or private room. That’s the official definition of boudoir and this shoot with Kate Ignatowski + Evelyn Bedoya is the sweetest version of boudoir photography. This romantic vintage inspired photo shoot was published on Burnett’s Boards today. Here are some of my favorites from the shoot; it was such a fun one to style!
Kate Ignatowski Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos Hair: Jha Villanueva Make-Up: Anny Chow Veil + Headpiece: Wanlu Bridal Jewelry: Nina Shoes Macarons: Macaron Cafe Calligraphy: Fleur de Letters Flowers Supplied by: Blooms By The Box Model: Evelyn Bedoya Slips, ring + other details: Little Vintage Rentals
Brigitte Bardot Inspired Brunch on Ruffled
What would a brunch be like if hosted by the fashionably French, life-long vegetarian and original bohemian, Brigitte Bardot? This is it: A sweet soirée filled with fresh flowers, brie, rosemary and fig toast, a little bubbly and a homemade cake topped with daisies, of course.
This was a fun project with some great folks (credits below) featured on Ruffled this week!Mandy Forlenza Sticos. Photography: Jennifer Trahan, Make Up: Adriana Andaluz, Vintage Rentals: Little Vintage Rentals, Calligraphy: Fleur De Letters, Clothing: Ruche, Flowers Supplied By: Blooms By The Box, Model: Suzanne Kvilhaug
Preview: Evelyn’s Boudoir with Kate Ignatowski
Just a sneak peak from a boudoir project I worked on with Kate Ignatowski recently. It was such a fun shoot with girly things. Our model Evelyn was radiant and Kate shot on film! Yay! The flowers were provided by my friends at Blooms by the Box and this little creation above was designed by me.
More lovely photos of Evelyn here from a past shoot.