I am so happy to share my latest post on Best Friends for Frosting with amazing photography from Fallon Chan. This was such a cheerful post to create + style. Enjoy!
1. Larger Than Life Balloons – Whether you display one monster balloon or many, these whimsical party accessories bring an instant smile. Don’t forget to add a fresh flower collar or yards of your favorite lace and ribbon as a tassel! Stress-free planning tip: Get these beauties delivered to your doorstep by Balloon Planet; nationwide.
2. Nearly Naked Cake – A nearly naked cake offers just enough frosting for those with a sweet tooth while providing a sneak peak at the cake’s flavor. Stress-free planning tip: Hide the knife if you want to keep the cake on display for a bit!
3. Unexpected Centerpieces – Search your cabinets for old tins, glassware, trophies and teapots for an unexpected place to display flowers! You’ll be the talk of the party and perhaps instagram as all of your friends document your creativity. #partysuccess Stress-free planning tip: Order your flowers online and fresh blooms arrive ready to be cut + styled! Blooms by The Box is one of my favorite resources.
4. Old School Desserts – For the smaller grab-and-go sweets, go retro! These rice + marshmallow treats hold a nostalgic place in everyone’s heart and the white chocolate topping offers a new take on a classic. Stress-free planning tip: These treats are a great gluten free option for guests; skip the toppings to be safe.
5. Specialty Cocktails – Every good party needs its own specialty cocktail! Whether it’s a personal favorite or a pretty mixology experiment, display the ingredients to encourage guests to mix it up. Stress-free planning tip: If space is limited at your soiree, pre-mix ingredients in large pitchers and don’t forget the ice and a variety of garnish.
Credits: Photography: Fallon Chan, Concept, Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Balloons: Balloon Planet, Flowers Provided By: Blooms by the Box, Cake + Dessert: There Should Always be Cake
I was so excited to see my DIY centerpiece + flower recipe captured beautifully by Fallon Chan on Best Friends for Frosting! If you missed it, here is an easy way to brighten up your next party or home with a bright + cheerful arrangement! Don’t forget, there is no wrong way to create your own masterpiece, have fun!
1 – Think outside the box when gathering potential vessels + vases. Everyday objects like glassware, tins and teacups transform into wonderful centerpieces and conversation starters!
2 – Use this cheerful flower recipe below and if you’re not sure where to purchase your blooms check out online resources like Blooms by The Box that deliver to your doorstep.
• Pink Peonies • Pink Scabiosa
• Pink Lisanthus • White Lisanthus
• White Sweetheart Roses • Pink Stock
• Silver Dollar Eucalyptus • Ming Ferns
3- Sort through the flowers and pick the most lively and sturdy. Stay away from any blooms that are losing their petals.
4 – Cut flower stems to desired length at a 45 degree angle under water or under running water. Pick up a pair of clippers or shears for best results.
5 – Remove any leaves that will sit below the water line in your vase to prevent excessive bacteria growth.
6 – Last but not least, have fun and get creative. Still need some inspiration on composition, take a look below or head to Pinterest for some of my favorite inspiration here!
Styling + Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Photography: Fallon Chan, Flowers provided by: Blooms by the Box
A few months ago Fallon Chan + I collaborated on a series of photos for Best Friends for Frosting. Two segments were published just in time for summer! First, I created maraschino marble ice cubes as a fun way to dress up a drink. These fruity ice cubes literally look like marbles and you get to eat the sugary cherry once they melt. Yum!
Next, a cranberry sour drink recipe; which evolved as a favorite many years ago. It’s so simple + doesn’t require any shaking.
Aren’t these photos by Fallon, Martha Stewart worthy?! Cheers to summer!
I had the pleasure of working with Fallon Chan last weekend on a lifestyle photo shoot. Here is a sneak peek of some of the lovely products we were working with from Wild Sage Apothecary. More soon!