Tis the season for warm beverages in our teacups! One of our favorite treats is Italian hot chocolate. It will delight chocolate lovers at your next event and looks oh so pretty served in vintage teacups! Here is a quick recipe for two.
ITALIAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Make: 2 cups of very thick, rich hot chocolate
2 cups of milk (whole milk preferred)
1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
4 tablespoons of white sugar (if using semi-sweet chocolate, reduce to 2 tablespoons)
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
Optional Toppings include whipped cream and marshmallows
- Whisk together half of the milk and all of the cornstarch.
- Bring the other half of the milk and all of the sugar to low boil on stove.
- Add in the milk and cornstarch mixture while continuing to stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and drop in chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Tip: Add additional milk to adjust thickness to taste. Recipe may call for trial and error depending on your personal sweet tooth and type of chocolate used. Have fun and top with marshmallows or whipped cream!