The flowers I sourced from Blooms by the Box to style for this photo shoot are some of my favorite to date. Previously a handful of these photos were featured on Style Me Pretty, but I was SO excited that Hochzeitsguide picked it up as well – their aesthetic is dreamy! Amazing team below the photos.
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Wedding Dress: Tatyana Merenyuk | Cake: Sugar Flower Cake Shop | Invitations: Bella Figura | Make Up: Anny Chow | Hair: Andy Tseng | Flowers Supplied By: Blooms By The Box | Garter: Florrie Mitton | Lingerie + Robe: Zinke | Model: Alexis Katsafanas | Ribbon: Midori Ribbon | Veils: Jaclyn Jordan | Vintage Props: Little Vintage Rentals
I’ve always loved milk glass. It’s timeless and can be used at modern or vintage weddings. It’s sleek white lines make a clean addition to any table. Here is a collection of some of my favorite centerpieces with milk glass vases.
(1) Above, this whimsical wonder was designed by Hello Darlington and photographed by Kate Ignatowski for mywedding magazine. So lovely, enjoy the rest and don’t forget to check out all of the ‘Top Pick‘ posts!
(2) Pinks + Peaches look so fresh for Spring + Summer! Photo by Christina McNeill via Ruffled blog
(3) Bright and bold with a few asymmetrical stems. Photo by Erin Hearts Court.
(4) Simple, all white is always a good idea. Photo by Erich McVey via Wedding Chicks
(5) Sweet pastels with soft greenery. Photo by Esmeralda Franco via Wedding Chicks
(6) Big Blooms in small vases. Photo by Heather Bliss Photography via Belle the Magazine
(7) Single Bud Vase Clusters. Photo by Shea Christine via Style Me Pretty
It was a GREAT start to 2015 with lots of fun projects! Above, some of our vintage props made an appearance in the digital mywedding magazine and I creatively directed + styled the photo shoot! I worked with so many favorite vendors so be sure to check out the online magazine + the print version on newsstands February 17!
Our vintage glassware + milk glass vases were featured in The Knot Magazine thanks to event planner Jove Meyer. His color palette for this shoot is so vibrant + fun!
I helped design photographer Kamila Harris’ booth for the Lovesick Expo. All of the imagery used in her story board (directly above) was her own to ensure she’d attract clients that were truly her style. Isn’t she the cutest!? Check out her amazing work here.
And finally, I had too much teaching styling to the mini fashionistas at The Fashion Class! Below is some of the of the amazing “styling” work from the students who are only ages 6-12. It’s such a great experience for kids interested in fashion + me too!
Great to see the Bordeaux inspired bridal portrait shoot on La Mariee Aux Pieds Nus today here
. It was so much fun styling this with rich wine colored peonies from Blooms by the Box
and the most amazing piece form Fleur de Letters
below. Life is too short to drink cheap wine, right? Full list of credits below.
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Flowers Provided by: Blooms By The Box | Wedding Dress: Jenny Yoo | Makeup Artist: Anny Chow | Calligraphy:Fleur De Letters | Hair Styling: Andy Tseng | Veil: Sara Gabriel
A few months ago I had the honor of gathering a group of local vendors and creatively directed + styled this photo shoot for mywedding Magazine. The digital magazine was released last week and on February 17th the print magazine will be on newsstands. Here are a few of my favorites from the digital issue + I’ll be posting a bit more once the issue is in print! Enjoy these dreamy film images from Kate Ignatowski + the amazing creative team is listed below.
Photography: Kate Ignatowski / Creative Direction + Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos / Venue: Green Building / Bride’s Dress: Lovely Bride / Bride’s Shoes: Emmy London / Hair Comb + Veil: Hushed Commotion / Rings and bride’s jewelry: Olivia Ewing / Wardrobe Styling: Jenn Weishaar / Floral Design: Hello Darlington / Flowers Supplied By: Blooms by the Box / Cake: Nine Cakes / Invitations: Fleur de Letters / Hair Styling: Katelyn McGinn / Makeup: Jha Villanueva / Groom’s Suit + Shirt: Black Lapel / Place Settings: Crate and Barrel / Vintage Props: Little Vintage Rentals / Silk Ribbon: Natalie Stopka / Assistant: Julia Sportelli
Sometimes things are worth a long wait. With the first signs of spring + peonies, I styled this photo shoot and many months later, I am thrilled to see it on Style Me Pretty. Photos are by the ever talented, Kate Ignatowski + the full team is listed below the post. Enjoy!
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Wedding Dress: Tatyana Merenyuk | Cake: Sugar Flower Cake Shop | Invitations: Bella Figura | Make Up: Anny Chow | Hair: Andy Tseng | Flowers Provided By: Blooms By The Box | Garter: Florrie Mitton | Lingerie + Robe: Zinke | Model: Alexis Katsafanas | Ribbon: Midori Ribbon Veils: Jaclyn Jordan | Vintage Props: Little Vintage Rentals
Hands down one of my favorite photo shoots ever with Kate Ignatowski was on Style Me Pretty. It was such a simple theme and of course, amazing film photography by Kate made it perfect!
Photography: Kate Ignatowski | Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos | Flowers Provided by: Blooms By The Box | Wedding Dress: Jenny Yoo | Makeup Artist: Anny Chow | Calligraphy: Fleur De Letters | Hair Styling: Andy Tseng | Veil: Sara Gabriel
When I was planning my wedding a few years back, I was surprised that there wasn’t a list of vintage wedding venues already online. I did quite a bit of research back then and thought I’d share some of my favorite vintage chic wedding venues in New York City. (photo above: Kate Ignatowski)
1. The Metropolitan Building: My top vintage wedding venue pick, hands down. From the weathered floors to aisles of vintage furniture available for events, The Metropolitan Building has it all. Every last corner of this venue is oozing with photo ready backdrops. Located in Long Island City, Queens it’s a trip worth making. Venue: The Metropolitan Building Photo: Redfield Photography
2. The Housing Works Bookstore: For bookworms at heart who are looking to give back on their big day, The Housing Works Bookstore is perfect. Rows of lovingly read books create a colorful backdrop while proceeds from the venue rental support healing the community living and affected with HIV / AIDS. Venue: The Housing Works Bookstore Photo: Levi Stolove
4. The Foundry: This 19th century foundry was meticulously restored to showcase it’s industrial character complete with an indoor greenhouse and views of the Manhattan skyline from the terrace. As for first impressions, the Foundry’s ivy covered exterior makes it a location to remember. Venue: The Foundry Photo: Kate Ignatowski
5. Brecknock Hall: For those in search of a bit of vintage opulence, Brecknock Hall in Greeport, Long Island offers just that. This once residential home built from 1851-1857 has 4 charming parlor rooms along with sprawling lawns and a patio outdoors. It is a historic and elegant vintage wedding location. Venue: Brecknock Hall Photo: Rima Brindamour
Just as Spring was first creeping around the corner, Kate Ignatowski and I worked on our third boudoir session. It was botanical inspired and the flower colors were spectacular! Here are two preview photos + lots more to follow!
Photography: Kate Ignatowski, Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Flowers provided by: Blooms by the Box, Lingerie: Zinke, Model: Alexis Katsafanas
I styled this fun photo shoot for The Everygirl with Kate Ignatowski a few weeks back and despite the rain there were tons of laughs! Check out the full post here for some DIY Bridesmaid hair styles, complete with video tutorials from my friend Nikki of Mae B. Films. We had an amazing team of vendors (full list below), 5 Evergirl readers as models and I finally got to work with one of my favorite local wedding vendors , Thea of Hushed Commotion! It was a great day.
Photography: Kate Ignatowski, Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Hair: Andy Tseng, Make Up: Anny Chow + Jha Villaneuva, Venue: Top of the Garden, Cinematography: Mae B. Films, Dresses: Little Borrowed Dress, Hair Accessories + Belt: Hushed Commotion, Jewelry: Nina Shoes, Balloons: Brooklyn Balloon Company, Paper Flowers: Balushka