A while back we got to do a mini photo shoot with Fiona Melder and the vintage inspired hair accessories by Esther Jean. The are all so soft + delicate; which one is your favorite?Fiona Melder / Hair Accessories: Esther Jean / Styling: Mandy Forlenza Sticos / Hair & Makeup: Rosemarie Bernardo / Model: Sietzka For Fenton Moon / Dress: Ruche / Assistant Stylist: Angela Kostaras
Tag: Prop Styling
5 Ways To Perfectly Style Your Next Party on Best Friends for Frosting
I am so happy to share my latest post on Best Friends for Frosting with amazing photography from Fallon Chan. This was such a cheerful post to create + style. Enjoy!
1. Larger Than Life Balloons – Whether you display one monster balloon or many, these whimsical party accessories bring an instant smile. Don’t forget to add a fresh flower collar or yards of your favorite lace and ribbon as a tassel! Stress-free planning tip: Get these beauties delivered to your doorstep by Balloon Planet; nationwide.
2. Nearly Naked Cake – A nearly naked cake offers just enough frosting for those with a sweet tooth while providing a sneak peak at the cake’s flavor. Stress-free planning tip: Hide the knife if you want to keep the cake on display for a bit!
3. Unexpected Centerpieces – Search your cabinets for old tins, glassware, trophies and teapots for an unexpected place to display flowers! You’ll be the talk of the party and perhaps instagram as all of your friends document your creativity. #partysuccess Stress-free planning tip: Order your flowers online and fresh blooms arrive ready to be cut + styled! Blooms by The Box is one of my favorite resources.
4. Old School Desserts – For the smaller grab-and-go sweets, go retro! These rice + marshmallow treats hold a nostalgic place in everyone’s heart and the white chocolate topping offers a new take on a classic. Stress-free planning tip: These treats are a great gluten free option for guests; skip the toppings to be safe.
5. Specialty Cocktails – Every good party needs its own specialty cocktail! Whether it’s a personal favorite or a pretty mixology experiment, display the ingredients to encourage guests to mix it up. Stress-free planning tip: If space is limited at your soiree, pre-mix ingredients in large pitchers and don’t forget the ice and a variety of garnish.Credits: Photography: Fallon Chan, Concept, Styling + Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos, Balloons: Balloon Planet, Flowers Provided By: Blooms by the Box, Cake + Dessert: There Should Always be Cake
Preview: September Engagement Shoot with Fiona Melder
It’s almost time for the leaves to fall in New York City. In preparation, I styled a fun engagement photo shoot with Fiona Melder and the so-very-much-in-love Tiffany + Justin.
It was a beautiful day in Central Park and I can’t wait to share more of the photos from this session soon!
Brigitte Bardot Inspired Brunch on Ruffled
What would a brunch be like if hosted by the fashionably French, life-long vegetarian and original bohemian, Brigitte Bardot? This is it: A sweet soirée filled with fresh flowers, brie, rosemary and fig toast, a little bubbly and a homemade cake topped with daisies, of course.
This was a fun project with some great folks (credits below) featured on Ruffled this week!Mandy Forlenza Sticos. Photography: Jennifer Trahan, Make Up: Adriana Andaluz, Vintage Rentals: Little Vintage Rentals, Calligraphy: Fleur De Letters, Clothing: Ruche, Flowers Supplied By: Blooms By The Box, Model: Suzanne Kvilhaug
Preview: Tea Photo Shoot
I had the pleasure of working with Fallon Chan last weekend on a lifestyle photo shoot. Here is a sneak peek of some of the lovely products we were working with from Wild Sage Apothecary. More soon!
Ever since I was a little girl, I was unknowingly styling mini vignettes in my home like this one above (by yours truly). Little Vintage Rentals helps me combine my creativity with my other true love, vintage. Be sure to check out what other styling inspires Little Vintage Rentals here.