Here are 5 simple and chic additions to make your bridal shower tea party memorable. Notice the floral trend, but remember less is more! Be sure to compliment these items with solid color tablecloths and accents to maintain a more classic look.
Teacups: This is a must have! Whether you rent vintage china or gather pieces from family and friends , be sure to have delicate china teacups and saucers on hand; they will be the core design element of the party. (photo by Fiona Melder)
Floral Macarons: It seems no feminine party is complete without this delicacy but why not try this amazing DIY from Sugar & Cloth? Gather the bridal party for a day of fun and display your hard work at the party! (photo by Jared Smith)
Calligraphy Invitations: Nothing sets the tone for a party more than a calligraphy and watercolor invitation! This beauty by Fleur de Letters is a great example of one that can be reproduced into invitations. Be sure to keep the original artwork for the bride-to-be! (photo by Fiona Melder)
Loose Tea: Be sure to have a bevy of loose teas available for guests to customize flavors. It’s a great conversation starter and works as a beautiful ‘tea bar’ display. (photo by Fallon Chan)
Bulb Filled Vintage Napkin Favors: One of the sweetest mementos for Spring and Summer bridal showers ever; placing a single bulb in a vintage napkin or handkerchief for favors. Each guest will remember the party as they watch their flowers bloom! Such a sweet idea from Victoria Hudgins at A Subtle Revelry and easy to DIY.
Valentine’s day is here and Little Vintage Rentals is definitely feeling the love. Even if you do not have a significant other, it’s an important day to remember to treat yourself with love and care. Here is our list of Valentine’s Day Must-Dos For You. Go ahead, treat yourself!
(1) Write yourself a letter. Yes, a good old fashioned pen-to-paper letter. Write down your hopes and dreams for yourself 1 year from now. Read it when you need a reminder of your goals.
(2) Have a fizzy drink. Whether it’s champagne, a cocktail or just a fruity soda that is normally off the radar; put your feet up and enjoy the bubbly.
(3) Eat a sweet treat. Heart shaped cookies, sugary cakes and powdered donuts are in every shop on Valentine’s Day. One word: Indulge.
(4) Read poetry. No, inspirational quotes on pinterest do not count. Grab your favorite by Mirabai, Sylvia Plath or Billy Collins. Ok, those are my favorites but you get the point!
(5) Dress up for a party. Even if you’re home watching Sleepless in Seattle, put on your favorite party dress, drink that bubbly and take a bite of that pastry calling your name. Twirling in your living room is encouraged!
Lovely images by Ananda Lima. For more from this shoot, click here.
One sunny (almost warm) April Sunday, Little Vintage Rentals styled a fun and vibrant Cinco de Mayo inspired photo shoot. The photographer, Martina Micko came up with the concept and started to gather some fabulous vendors like Turning Violets and Love + Brain Films. We recruited our friend Confetti by Annette and our backyard fiesta for two was born! I hope you enjoy some of my favorite photos from the shoot below. We were honored to be featured on Ruffled last week as well!
Of course, we could have never done this shoot without the beautiful “couple”Emily + Mitchell. We can’t thank them enough for spending the day with us! To see everything in action, check out this wonderful film >>> here.